Mammography test in Hyderabad: To reduce the risk of breast cancer, early detection is important
Mammography Test in Hyderabad to Reduce the Risk of Breast Cancer
Mammography test in Hyderabad: To reduce the risk of breast cancer, early detection is important. Breast Cancers have the highest cure rates if diagnosed in the early stage. Do breast self-examination and get clinical breast examination done if you suspect anything abnormal.
What you should do if you detect a lump in your breast?
Presence of lumps may or may not cause symptoms -therefore get those lumps checked and evaluated by a Gynaec oncologist. In addition to a lump in the breast, be aware of the changes in your breast including the below signs and symptoms as every breast cancer cannot be detected by mammography test in Hyderabad.
• Breast changes: Change in size, shape & appearance of the breast
• Redness and thickening of breast skin
• Inverted Nipple
• Nipple Retraction
• Pulling of nipple
• Thickening of the nipple
• Redness of the nipple
• Rash or sore on the nipple
• Change in size, shape and appearance of the breast
• Breast pain
• Persistent pain in a specific area of the breast
• Prominent veins on the surface of the breast
• Any discharge other than milk
• Nipple discharge that starts suddenly
• Swollen lymph nodes in the neck or underarms
• Breast skin irritation
• Dimpling of breast skin
• Scaliness of breast skin
• Thickening of breast skin
• Swelling or lump in and around collar bone or underarm
• Weight loss
A lump in the breast does not always mean breast cancer. If you have a lump in your breast associated with changes in breast size & shape, redness, pain, swelling or darkening of the breast, nipple retraction and discharge other than milk, then consult a gynaeconcologist for a clinical breast examination and diagnosis. Your oncologist may order a mammogram.
To Ensure Early Detection of Breast Cancer:
• Do self-breast Examination
• If You Notice any abnormality
• Immediately Consult your Gynaeconcologist
Clinical Breast Examination and Breast cancer screening – mammography test in Hyderabad are important because many women do not experience symptoms in the early stages of breast cancer.
What are the risk factors for breast cancer?
The following are the risk factors for breast cancer:
• Age – advancing age is a risk factor for breast cancer
• Family history – A strong family history is a risk factor
• Personal history – A personal history of benign lumps
• Chemical and radiation exposure
• Excessive alcohol consumption
Can Breast Cancer be Prevented?
There are lots of things you can do to cut your risk of getting breast cancer. See which habits can help, and which ones you should avoid.
Breast cancer is the world’s leading cause of death in the world, but about 1 in 3 cases can be prevented, according to the World Health Organization. There’s no magic pill to keep you from getting cancer, but you can do some things to improve your odds.
• Get off the Couch – Do exercise
• Reduce weight if you are obese
• Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily
• Eat healthy food
• Avoid alcohol
• Avoid Red Meat
• Quit Smoking
Dr. Geetha Nagasree, Surgical Oncologist recommends Mammography test in Hyderabad